1) West Village: A tipster writes in to let us know that Greenwich Ave's Sweetiepie is getting closer and that "12" mirror tiles" and "what looks to be a giant vine-like gold birdcage" can be seen from the street. A walk by confirms: it's mirror mayhem. [PLYWOOD]
2) Noho: Some shots of the special Boulud burger shop plywood adorning his new space on the Bowery. [PLYWOOD]
3) Nolita: The owners of Jacques at 20 Prince Street have closed their Gibraltar Lounge underneath the restaurant, and their new concept, a fondue restaurant that will be open late night, is now in the plywood stages. They are hoping to open in December. [PLYWOOD]
4) East Village: A tipster sends in the above photo of construction going up on 12th and A. Any intel is much appreciated. [PLYWOOD]
5) East Village: A reader sent in the above photo of East Village Pie Lounge going into the old (actually only seven month-old) Affettati space on East 7th St. EV Grieve also notices: "The sign on the door promises everything from Apple to Pecan to Banana Cream Coconut pie -- for $5.25 a slice. Now this stretch of Seventh Street already counts the Chocolate Bar at 127 as a tenant (since June)...So that's the
6) Clinton HillClinton Hill Blog and Brownstoner notice a new Choice Atlantic coming in on Atlantic Ave. Brownstoner has a tour and thie interesting detail: "The big news: Choice has hired the former sushi chef from Blue Ribbon sushi and will be selling sushi out of the Greene Avenue location, as well as offering it for delivery and catered occasions. Bring it on." [PLYWOOD]
For more stories from Eater, go to eater.com.