1) Chelsea: A tipster sends in the above photo of the soon to open Silom Thai in the old Blue Moon space on 8th and 17th. [PLYWOOD]
2) Carroll Gardens: Metromix has the scoop on Ophelia, "a homey-elegant wine-and-cheese bar opening 'in two weeks' on the corner of First Place. Although the inside isn't finished, they've already painted the walls scarlet, hung chandeliers from the ceiling, and glossed up the mahogany bar. Silkily upholstered armchairs and dainty lampshades give off a 'Nana's glamorous living room' vibe." [PLYWOOD]
4) Upper East Side: Some cupcake plywood on 93rd and Lexington, from frites and fries: "Another Crumbs is about to open right across the street from me ("Fall 2008" Opening means nothing to me)...I just passed it and someone is working on the stenciling/lettering." [PLYWOOD]
5) Williamsburg: Brownstoner found out what's going into the Paper Moon space on North 6th and Havemeyer in Williamsburg: "Pâtes and Traditions will occupy the space once held by Paper Moon Café...The new owner, who hails from Nice, France, plans to prepare dishes like French crêpes, various Italian meals, and, of course, pâté. Beer and wine will be served as well. He is aiming for a mid-November opening." [PLYWOOD]
6) Flatiron: Crains learns that Ben & Jack's steakhouse will be opening up a second location: "Ben & Jack’s recently signed a 15-year lease for 10,000 square feet at 255 Fifth Ave., between 28th and 29th streets...Scheduled to open by the end of the year, Ben & Jack’s will offer two levels of seating and serve a menu similar to that of the first location, on East 44th Street." [PLYWOOD]
7) Carroll Gardens: Gowanus Lounge checks in on Olga's: "Joining in the retail boom of its partners to the North, Olga’s restaurant on 407 Smith Street has a banner up announcing that it will soon be opening and serving vegan, vegetarian, and pescitarian food." [PLYWOOD]
For more stories from Eater, go to eater.com.