1) Chelsea: We took a recent look at Co., the new pizza project from Sullivan St. Bakery's Jim Lahey's and backed by one Jean-Georges' Vongerichten. It looks exactly as it has for the past year, though Lahey has said he'd like to get this out the door by the end of '08. [PLYWOOD]
2) Williamsburg: Over in Williamsburg the new d.b.a branch looks like it's moving ever closer to opening. It finally has some signage out front announcing the arrival and offering an email for more info. [PLYWOOD]
4) Upper West Side: And a check in on the Upper West Side branch of Fatty Crab reveals they're making slow progress. Remember they may have been mixed up in the same boiler inspection issues as West Branch, but nonetheless, we have some major interior work to be done. [PLYWOOD]
5) Flatiron Above, a shot of the shuttered Black Pearl, soon to be he new Hog Pit. As expected there's not much to see right now, but we're expecting some real reno work here before the Pit's original lease is up in Jan '09. [PRE-PLYWOOD]
6) Park Slope: Brownstoner gets some intel on a new cafe: "A tipster sent in this info about a new café on 8th Avenue and Prospect Avenue: 'It's called Gialeti's Cafe, and promises fresh-baked pastries, paninis, and crepes.' Should help fill the hole left by the closing of Café Eleven and Tea Lounge; the latter space remains vacant, by the way." [PLYWOOD]]
7) Midtown: Two neighboring newbs in Midtown. A Pret a Manger and a Boi sandwich shop are both going in on in on 3rd Avenue between 44th and 45th. [PLYWOOD]
For more stories from Eater, go to eater.com.