Get your morning scoop on a bitter restaraunt, a bike helmet PSA, art openings in Bushwick, a city Councilman and the secret ingredient to New York's pizza in today's local blog round-up.
- A new restaurant set to open tonight in Carroll Gardens blamed their delay on corruption at the State Liquor Authority. How'd they manage that? By posting a news article with the headline "Drunk With Power" right there on their door! Ha! So swing by for a complimentary glass of wine to celebrate the good guys. [Eater]
- This cute (is it cute, can I call it that?) bike helmet PSA features rhyming animated characters talking about their injuries. I had no idea bike brands were so easy to rhyme! For instance...I hurt my shin while riding my Schwinn. Watch it and try it yourself! [Bike Blog NYC]
- Last weekend saw a whole slew of art openings in Morgantown - that developing two block neighborhood with a high concentration of artists and galleries off the Morgan L train stop. BushwickBK takes you along on a walking tour. [BuckwickBK]
- Gowanus Canal-area bloggers think their Councilman, Bill de Blasio, is all but living in the pockets of the Toll Brothers. His attendance record at community meetings has also got one up in arms, who writes "I can't remember the last the man has been seen at a community meeting," later adding he came to "spiel" about affordable housing and then bounced before the cake was served, basically. [Found in Brooklyn]
- Do you know why our pizza rocks so hard? It's in the water, apparently. [92Y]