• With the closure of M & G Diner, the Health Department's shuttering of Louise’s Family Restaurant and Charles' Southern Style Kitchen, the golden age of Harlem soul food may well be over. [City Room/NYT]
• Tonight, Whiskey Town in the East Village is offering all whiskey drinks for 88 cents with a coupon. [Urbanite/amNY]
• Scientists are trying to reestablish oyster reefs in the New York Harbor, but sadly, the goal is to improve the water quality, not to produce epicurean delights. [Brooklyn Paper]
• Top Chef contestant Danny Gagnon likes to hunt, and feels he’s being supported by “basically all the Long Islanders … there’s a lot of Long Islanders in Long Island, so I’m very excited.” [Feed/TONY]
Previously on Grub Street...
- Outgoing Aureole Chef Tony Aiazzi Is Planning a Night in Tunisia
- Adam Platt Sees a Kindler, Gentler ‘Top Chef,’ Evil Baldy Aside
- Buy It Now: ‘The Largest White Truffle to Land in the USA in the Last 3 Years’