- We don't officially condone dressing up your dog in a foofy outfit and parading him or her around at the 4th Annual Barking Beauty Pageant. That said, the event at Richmond Shepard Theatre benefits animal charities. And there's a talent portion. And two fashion shows. And chihuahuas in haute couture. We're not made of wood, people. Sunday, 4PM.
- The fabulosity of the 23rd Annual Night of a Thousand Gowns should not be underestimated. This event -- which benefits NYC's homeless teens -- has Elton John as a chair. Do you have enough sequins to attend? Saturday, 10PM.
- The Harlem Gospel Choir fetes Aretha Franklin's birthday at B.B. King's with a tribute show packed full of classic tunes from the Queen of Soul. We really hope they all take the stage wearing a giant, grey, bow-motif, bedazzled hat. That's our birthday wish. Sunday, 8PM.
- Don't forget that this Sunday is your last chance to eat Roquefort cheese before Bush's import duty on luxury Eurofoods kicks in (unless you're happy paying around $50 a pound for the stuff, in which case, have at it). Murray's Cheese will be serving it up at their Au Revoir Roquefort party. Sunday, 2PM.
- You + all you can eat clam chowder = the First Annual NYC Chowder Slam, Jimmy's No. 43, Saturday, 12PM.
- You + all you can eat mac and cheese = the Great Greenpoint Mac-Off, Sunday, Redstar bar, 4PM.
Published at 9:43 PM EDT on Jul 17, 2009 | Updated at 8:25 AM EDT on Mar 21, 2009
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations