The Wrap on 1/28
Astroland's rocket enters history, charting New York's windiest spots, and more bits and pieces from around the NYC web.
Published Jul 17, 2009 at 10:56 PM
- Coney Island's Astroland Rocket has been donated as a historical artifact to the city.NYC plans to eventually place it on display amid the whatever of all-new Coney Island, as a charming tribute to a time before condos ruled the earth.
- In hipster Brooklyn, counterfeit concert tickets shouldn't stand in the way of true love, right?
- In yet another case of Obama-fueled Chicago envy, Daily Intel asks, where is New York's windiest location?
- From the "You know things are bad when" file: Balthazar reports earnings down 15 percent.
- ...Although they can't be that bad if people are bidding on an $80,000 Spongebob Squarepants pendant, right?
- At the Times, Maureen Dowd tries to coin the phrase "socialist jet-setters." Is that like "limousine liberals" for the '00s?
- Sonic Youth's Kim Gordon will do a design collaboration with Urban Outfitters.
- Have you been touched by the Bacon Explosion?
- Starbucks will stop brewing decaf after 12PM, having noticed that coffee-drinkers who patronize the green mermaid in the afternoon are trying desperately to stay awake.
- Overprotective parents, take note: If the Times says that babies eating garbage off the sidewalk is good for them, it must be true.
- …ICYMI: Aretha Franklin's Inauguration performance is the new "Single Ladies."
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations / NBC New York