The Wrap on 1/27
Brooklyn's graffiti problem, a local media bigwig poses nude, and more bits from around the NYC web.
- Hey, remember the '80s? Enjoy this tidbit: North Brooklyn graffiti complaints are up 20 percent.
- And so it begins: Some of the survivors of the Miracle on the Hudson crash are calling the $5,000 payout from U.S. Airways paltry.
- Because the idea of Drew Barrymore as Little Edie in Grey Gardens doesn't make our soul bleed quite enough, now we have Hilary Duff in a Bonnie and Clyde remake to look forward to.
- One way to keep your newspaper in business: Have the editor-in-chief pose nude.
- Meet the poor schlubs who make - and repair - the Oscar statuettes. (Factoid: Each one takes "about 10 man hours" to make by hand!)
- "Watch the hair," says
Tony Manero Rod Blagojevich, to the makeup crew at The View.
- So will this new building replace Interstate Foods, a.k.a. the last meaty edifice in the once-appropriately-named Meatpacking District?
- First they steal strollers outside of Trader Joe's in Boerum Hill, and now it's bulldogs outside Sunac in Williamsburg.
- Is the storied Frozen Cup ice cream stand (of Sex and the City fame) doomed?
- And, just because it's awesome, check out this video of a guy jogging through Prospect Park at the ass-crack of dawn in 18-degree weather, dressed like a banana.
Published at 10:57 PM EDT on Jul 17, 2009 | Updated at 5:51 PM EST on Jan 27, 2009
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations / NBC New York