The Wrap on 1/23
Dirty words at the Times, those cookies, and more bits and pieces from around the NYC web.
Published at 11:02 PM EDT on Jul 17, 2009 | Updated at 3:30 PM EST on Jan 23, 2009
- The MTA's No. 3 subway line: sucking hard for the second year in a row! In these unstable times, nice to know some things never change.
- We're presenting this one straight: "Drunken Negro Face" Cookies On Sale at Greenwich Village Bakery.
- Desperate Times (like when you have to sell off parts of your house) call for desperate measures (like an article that gives serious journos - by which we don't mean us, we mean the Grey Lady's minions - an excuse to write the words "Titty Ho" and "Slutshole.")
- Have you heard about the Anthony Bourdain-Alice Waters smackdown? Ok, so it's not really a smackdown. But he does call her letter to President Obama (about advising the choice of White House chef) "wildly hubristic." Fun!
- In the West Village, they literally found a time capsule from 1917.
- The Upper West Side is now Manhattan Valley, 18th Street is the East Village, and other fun from the revamped NYT Real Estate online.
- OK, so in this market you may not be able to sell your apartment. But how about swapping it? For, say, a sexed-up Miami bungalow that looks straight out of a J.Lo video?
- Hey, Park Slope! HGTV just named your neighborhood one of the nation's "dreamiest neighborhoods." So would you stop ruining it with your silly whining?
- …& ICYMI: $15,000 for vegan fudge?
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations / NBC New York