Talking Points 12/5
Farting pigs, Malcolm Gladwell=homicidal maniac?, and other notables from around the NYC web
- "As More Eat Meat, a Bid to Cut Emissions" tops the list of NYT's most emailed stories, because when every word you read is about financial armageddon, an article about Dutch farting pigs is a blissful, high-larious respite.
- Is Malcolm Gladwell dangerous? One pilot seems to think the Camaican (Canadian + Jamaican) is going to get us all killed in something fiery and plane-related. Go on.
- New York magazine thinks Arianna Huffington is on to something with this "work for me for free" business. So take some party pictures for them, because "being in New York Mag [is] cooler than posting on Facebook." Uh-huh.
- The guy who tried to parachute off the Empire State Building was totally "surprised" and "disappointed" when it got him charged with reckless endangerment. Which is pretty much the kind of delusional mindset that might make you concoct such a plan in the first place.
- Drink up! It's Repeal Day.
- Who would you rather bump into in Park Slope today: A rogue pitbull with an evil, dumbass owner, or the entire cast and crew of Ugly Betty?
- R.I.P. H.M., who you may remember (lucky you) as the world's most famous amnesiac.
- A-Rod wears foofy man-scarves, denies shagging Madge.
- …& ICYMI: Have you seen Sheila McClear's underwear yet? Please go look at it -- the poor dear's going to be out in the cold come January, and her livelihood depends on it.
Published at 12:01 AM EDT on Jul 18, 2009 | Updated at 10:25 AM EST on Dec 5, 2008
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations / NBC New York