Talking Points 12/3
Gotham has way more guns than you thought, new condos are baiting you with coupons, and other notables from around the NYC web
Published at 12:05 AM EDT on Jul 18, 2009 | Updated at 10:09 AM EST on Dec 3, 2008
- Don't hate Natalie Portman just because she can afford three bedrooms on Charles Street.
- The Rainbow Room wants its landmark preservation status, and it wants it NOW!
- Plaxico Burress doesn't have a handgun license, but did you know 37,000 New Yorkers do?
- Think you got problems? Up in Duchess County, they're breathing air that's 97.5 percent helium.
- Oh, you haven't yet seen a picture of Daniel Libeskind's new building, the Madison Square hover tube, the glass tampon jutting into the sky with, like, bits of garden in the middle? Well, enjoy!
- How do you know the real estate market's hurting? When a condo's website has printable coupons you can use to shave five grand off your closing costs. Clip 'n save!
- …& ICYMI: Desperate times, desperate measures, and all that. So if you're tired of paying rent, just be this guy's submissive and you can totally score a free room in his awesome B-Burg loft, and maybe while you're there you can give him some grammar pointers.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations / NBC New York