Talking Points 12/18
Lena Horne: Not as dead as EW thinks, office party nookie, and other notables from the NYC web
Published Jul 17, 2009 at 11:42 PM
- Web glitches are fun! EW.com went live with Lena Horne's obit, to the surprise of the very alive Lena Horne. Quick! Distract everyone from the gaffe with another splashy Twilight cover!
- The bad news: Only about five people still have jobs. The good news: They're all getting it on at the office Christmas party.
- Meanwhile, if you're not getting
laid paid, join the jobless club! No, we mean there's an actual club.
- Don't worry, sobbing real estate brokers: Frances Bean Cobain's $8 mil condo is going to make it all better.
- Drinking Tab is so 2007. RC Cola is totally the new retro-future vintage soda of hipster choice. If David Chang says so, it must be true.
- Jeremy Piven has "mercury poisoning," drops out of Broadway play... to what? Go to tuna rehab?
- Speaking of which, yummy chef Sam Talbot has been tapped to head up a seafood shack at the Mondrian Hotel, supposedly opening next year on Lafayette.
- Jezebel has strung together Elisabeth Hasselbeck's 25 Most Annoying Moments of 2008. Watch it with a Republican you love.
- Gwyneth Paltrow, enemy of deliciousness? The GOOPer bashes lard in her latest recipe-heavy missive, "Make."
- …& ICYMI: Joy Behar owned Alec Baldwin on national TV.
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations / NBC New York