Talking Points 12/10
Vesuvio Bakery for sale, Lou Reed kicked out of chichi resto on no-pants charge, and other notables from the NYC web
Published at 11:54 PM EDT on Jul 17, 2009 | Updated at 11:09 AM EST on Dec 10, 2008
- SoHo, world await fate of iconic Vesuvio Bakery with baited breath -- wait, it's for sale on Craigslist?
- Hey, pink-slipped New Yorker, you think you have it bad? At least you get to file for unemployment. James "Oprah Owns Me" Frey doesn't, and he's interning at Gawker for free. Wait -- or are they making the whole thing up?
- David Bouley doesn't give a crap that you're an icon or that Andy Warhol once made a movie about your band. If you want to eat at his restaurant, you'd better wear pants.
- David Letterman is seeing Jay Leno's move to a prime-time NBC slot as a win in their 15-year feud. It all feels like 1994 again, when the world was young.
- Subtle wiseass Pat Kiernan of NY1 launches new website Pat's Papers, a spinoff of his popular TV segment. OMG we heart him so!
- Forget Macy's or Saks' holiday windows: Check out the emaciated teddy bear and pervy Grinch -- with his sex-elf retinue -- at New York Costumes.
- The Wall Street Journal is taking that fancypants ladywriter from the Times magazine to task for her solipsistic meanderings about how complicated it is to pay someone else to carry your baby while you swig bourbon and hit the slopes. Hey, somebody had to.
- You couldn't make it to the Details mag MePa block party? Well, it attracted "the brilliant of the brilliant."
- ...& ICYMI: Maybe New York playgrounds could use the anti-fat swing. Thoughts?
Copyright NBC Owned Television Stations / NBC New York