NBC 4 New York and Telemundo 47 are teaming up with the four-time Super Bowl champion New York Giants for the fourth annual FREE family-friendly Health & Fitness Expo, presented by Quest Diagnostics.
One of the largest and open-to-the-public health events, the Health & Fitness Expo is being held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at MetLife Stadium.
Come and meet our co-hosts, NBC 4’s Bruce Beck, Telemundo 47 sportscaster Veronica Contreras, New York Giants running back Rashad Jennings and Super Bowl XLVI champion Steve Weatherford, the fan-favorite former Giants punter. They’ll be there with other NBC 4 New York anchors and reporters.
Other Big Blue players scheduled to appear include star wideout Victor Cruz, running back Shane Verezen; linebackers Mark Herzlich, Jasper Brinkley, Jonathan Casillas and J.T. Thomas; punter Brad Wing; nose tackle Damon Harrison; tight end Larry Donnell; wideout Geremy Davis; and long snapper Zak DeOssie.
Former Giant, Super Bowl champion and current NBC Sunday Night Football commentator Phil Simms hosted a discussion on healthy living habits Saturday morning.
Olympic stars and competitors from “The Biggest Loser” and “Top Chef” will also be on hand for special events and to meet fans.
“This is a free, fun-filled event that the entire family can enjoy,” said Eric Lerner, president and general manager of NBC 4 New York. “At no other event can you kick a field goal on the MetLife Stadium field, visit the Giants’ locker room, meet your favorite television personalities and learn more about healthy living.”
More than 2,000 runners and walkers got together to aid in the battle against arthritis as part of the 2016 Walk to Cure Arthritis, which kicked off the expo.
The Health & Fitness Expo will offer events and exhibits throughout MetLife Stadium, ranging from tests and screenings to fitness and safety activities.
- Quest Diagnostics will provide free health screenings to attendees 18-years and older. Tests include cholesterol, vitamin D and blood sugar level.
- Hackensack UMC Fitness & Wellness Powered by the Giants host Zen in the Zone, a mega yoga event on 9 a.m. Sunday, when thousands of people will practice yoga on the field of MetLife Stadium. Rashad Jennings will be among the participants. Fans are encouraged to bring their yoga mats, and the first 500 participants will get a free gift. RSVP here.
- Family Fun Zone will be open to attendees of all ages and will provide health and fitness information geared just for the kids!
- A variety of activities are aimed at teaching kids and adults about being healthy. Experts will meet with attendees and offer free health screenings.
- Take healthy cooking demos with "Top Chef" competitors
- Join the Arthritist Foundation on one-mile and three-mile courses
- Tour the Giants locker room
- Participate in a variety of fitness demos
- Have fun at a zip line tower, rock wall and 40-yard dash
- Take part in an interactive weather station with meteorologists and weather anchors and share your experience on social media
- Get out the vote as part of Telemundo's #YoDecido initiative
- Enjoy soccer demonstrations by the New York Red Bulls at the Champions Village
Free parking will be available at MetLife Stadium.
Public Transportation: The Port Authority bus service will also provide transportation to and from the event. The 351 Bus Service will run hourly on Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The buses will go from Port Authority Bus terminal (Gates 305 and 306) to MetLife Stadium Lot K. For more information, visit: www.351express.com.
IMPORTANT: All people attending the expo need to fill out a waiver upon entering MetLife Stadium. Every adult needs a separate waiver and parents or guardians can sign for up to four minors. You can print out your waiver here.
DON’T MISS IT!