NBA Essentials ranks our six favorite stories of the day.
1. We're Off to See the Wizards ... via ShareBro Jake. A Jeopardy
answer the contestants missed but you would definitely get.
2. Pickaxe and Roll. Measuring defense: George Karl's doing it wrong.
3. The Sporting Blog. Stephon Marbury just wants to fly again.
4. Blazers Edge. You'd be surprised how important the whole Darius Miles situation is for serious Blazers fans.
5. Queen City Hoops. I could (and sometimes do) read posts about Gerald Wallace all day, every day. This is a good one in the emerging genre.
6. FreeDarko. FanHouse's own Matt Watson documents the numerous excuses made to justify keeping Amir Johnson on the bench last season.
BONUS not-really-basketball Essential item: The New York Times on Philadelphia's large, beautiful murals. The 700 Level has the tenuous hoops hook: the amazing Dr. J piece on Ridge Avenue.