NBA Essentials ranks our six favorite stories of the day.
1. Ball Don't Lie. Shaq's distaste
2. Deadspin. Scot Pollard is not a role model.
3. FirstCuts. A thorough dispatch from the Obama rally LeBron James and Jay-Z hosted last night: "For the entire set, LeBron was just a member of the posse, bouncing onstage, dancing, and mouthing every word to every song. Sure, it's just an act, a chance for the athlete to be the rap star for a moment, an opportunity to live a childhood dream; but King James clearly looked like a kid in a way he hasn't since before anyone saw him play for St. Vincent on ESPN2 years ago."
4. New York Times. Mike D'Antoni feels bad for Stephon Marbury; David Lee seems non-plussed about all the hand-wringing after an opening night win. Oh, and Harvey Araton can spin a column like few others.
5. The Basketball Jones. You've really got to
watch (!) The Basketball Jones every day.
6. Ball Don't Lie. You've really got to read Kelly Dwyer's Behind the Box Score every day.
NBA Essentials: Coward Becomes Jokester originally appeared on NBA FanHouse on 2008-10-30T14:18:00+00:00. Please see our terms for use of feeds.