Ryan on Farrah: “Pray for Her”

Farrah Fawcett's cancer has reportedly spread to her liver and those closest to the actress are asking the public for their prayers.

Longtime boyfriend actor Ryan O'Neal told the New York Post that she is "not at death's door" despite claims that the 62-year-old star was in critical condition at a Los Angeles hospital.

"She's in for a procedure, she'll be out," O'Neal told the Post. "This is not at death's door."

"Pray for her. That's all I can say," he said.

One person close to Fawcett told the Associated Press she is being treated for anal cancer that spread to her liver.

The pal said the starlet was hospitalized because of a blood clot that may have been a side effect of recent cancer treatment she had in Germany, the Associated Press reported.

"Farrah has hope, and she hopes that others will continue to hold onto theirs," friend and producer Craig Nevius said in a statement

He later told the Associated Press that Fawcett was doing extremely well in her continuing battle against cancer.

"She's doing fantastic," Nevius told the AP. "Her fight goes on. ...She's not going anywhere anytime soon." 

"Let me tell you what she's not," he said. "As previously reported by everybody, she's not unconscious. She is not on death's door. The family has not gathered to say goodbye."

Nevius insisted the actress is expected to leave the hospital in a few days.

Gossip website Radaronline.com reported yesterday that the "Charlie's Angels" actress was in critical but stable condition, citing sources close to the family and friends.

“She’s a fighter, but we get the sense she knows the end is coming,” one friend of Fawcett’s told MSNBC's Scoop. “But we’re all still praying for a miracle.”

The friend said the intention was to keep this hospitalization, which was first reported by Radaronline.com, quiet.

“She doesn’t want this becoming a circus, so we (her friends and family) wanted to keep her hospitalization quiet. We were as surprised as anyone when it turned up in the press,” says the friend.

Fawcett's doctor in Germany, Lawrence Piro, told the Associated Press that the actress had abdominal bleeding and a hematoma while she underwent alternative cancer treatments abroad.

"She's able to walk," the doctor said in a statement. "And she remains in good spirits with her usual sense of humor. She's been in great shape her whole life and has an incredible resolve and an incredible resilience." 

Piro said the actress, who was photographed in a wheelchair, felt pain when she walked because of the hematoma.

Fawcett was diagnosed with cancer three years ago and went into remission in May 2007 -- but several months after she was believed to be cancer-free the intestinal cancer had returned, Extra reported.

At the time, the actress underwent chemotherapy and sought out alternative treatments in Germany, the site reported.

"Tiring, yes," she told Extra in Nov. 2007 about the treatment methods. "I felt much better when I was sick!"

The news of Fawcett's latest hospitalization came as word of her son's arrest emerged.

Redmond O'Neal, the son of Fawcett and Ryan O'Neal, was arrested Sunday after cops said they found him carrying drugs at a Los Angeles-area jail, the Associated Press reported.

The 24-year old was arrested around 9:30 a.m. in the parking lot of the facility, cops told the AP. He was being held on $25,000 bail.

Contact Us