The man accusing Kevin Spacey of groping him at a Nantucket, Massachusetts bar has voluntarily dismissed his civil lawsuit against the "House of Cards" actor.
The lawsuit was filed last week and sought damages for alleged emotional injuries and mental distress. The civil complaint voluntarily dismissed "all counts thereof, with prejudice and without costs to any party."
Spacey, 59, still faces a criminal charge for the alleged assault.
The allegation came to light in 2017 after former Boston TV anchor Heather Unruh accused the actor of groping her then 18-year-old son at the Club Car restaurant in July of 2016. Spacey is accused of allegedly giving the man alcohol then reaching into his pants without his consent.
U.S. & World
"The victim - my son - was a starstruck, straight 18-year-old young man who had no idea that the famous actor was an alleged sexual predator or that he was about to become his next victim," Unruh said when she first accused Spacey of sexual assault.
Unruh's son, who had just finished his shift as a bus boy at the restaurant, told police he pushed Spacey's hands away but to no avail. He claimed he was unsure of what to do next because he did not want to get in trouble for underage drinking.
Spacey denied the allegation and pleaded not guilty in January to a charge of indecent assault and battery. He faces up to 2 1/2 years behind bars if convicted.
The next hearing in Spacey's case is scheduled for July 8. The judge in Spacey's case postponed the hearing from June 21 after the accuser was ordered to hand over his cellphone for possible evidence.
Last month, the accuser's attorney, Mitchelle Garabedian, said they were unable to find the cellphone. They were given until July 8 to produce the missing item or the accuser, Garabedian and Unruh must appear in court.
As a result of the missing cellphone, the father of the alleged victim must testify about the item on July 8.