Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle is still basking in the glow that comes with throwing the 18th perfect game in major league history.
Last night he did Letterman’s Top Ten list from the Metrodome in Minneapolis --- he starts tonight against the Twins.
The ace didn’t save the late night love for himself. Buehrle brought teammates Josh Fields, who swatted a Grand Slam during the perfect game, and Dewayne Wise, who made the stunning catch over the wall to keep the gem intact with him on the program.
U.S. & World
So what was going through Buehrle’s head during the monumental effort? Here are the top-ten thoughts.
10. I did it! I did it! Oh wait, it’s only the fourth inning.
9. If this doesn’t get Kate Hudson to notice me, nothing will.
8. Too bad I’m not on my own fantasy team.
7. My brother-in-law bowled a perfect game. (Buehrle then chuckled.)
6. (From Fields and Wise) We’re going to Disneyworld!
(From Buehrle) And I’m running for governor of Alaska.
5. Did I remember to TiVo “So You Think You Can Dance”?
4. I’m leaving after the 7th inning to beat the traffic.
3. Should I shave my back?
2. Sunflower seed ... lodged in my windpipe ... get help!
1. Maybe I’ll give up one hit so I don’t have to appear on Letterman.