Get your morning scoop on a rockumentary at the IFC Center, a TV star in the suck, a funny scene at Coney Island, teenage rampage and the defense of a driveway in today's local blog round-up.
- Week two of the Williamsburg waterfront Pool Parties yielded a large crowd of music fans, most of whom came to see the Dirty Projectors, a Brooklyn-based band with a palpable amount of buzz. Coming off their latest release, Bitte Orca, the band played their homestage show on a beautiful day overlooking the city. Here's some video and a bucketload of pictures. [FREEwilliamsburg]
- Died Young, Stayed Pretty, a documentary about the "underground world of indie rock posters," is playing all week at the IFC Center. [Brooklyn Vegan]
- Entourage star Adrian Grenier was spotted folding cardboard boxes at the Park Slope Food Co-op yesterday morning. [Grub Street]
- A guy visiting Coney Island caught a rather hilarious scene on camera over the weekend. In the video, a couple is seen arguing rather loudly, while a fantastic older woman dances rather ridiculously in the background. [Aaron Meyers Tumbls]
- Two Gawker video interns were sent out to catch Gossip Girl teenage madness, while the popular CW show was taping just outside their offices. [Gawker]
- A humbuggy owner with a driveway put up an old-school "stay away sign," warning parking rabble-rousing trespassers not to block his driveway, "even if you know me," "even for a minute." [Sheepshead Bites]
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media