Manhole Fire, Elevated Carbon Monoxide Levels Forces Evacuation of 2 Apartment Buildings in Washington Heights: Con Ed

Two apartment buildings in the Washington Heights section of Manhattan were evacuated Monday evening when a manhole fire on the street sent carbon monoxide inside, Con Edison says. 

Power is also out to the buildings on the 200 block of Audubon Avenue after the manhole fire.

Con Ed and FDNY crews are on the scene, the utility said. 

It's not clear when the 60 residents will be allowed to return to the buildings. 

Contact Us