Toaster Oven Starts Fire at NJ Hospital; Patients Transferred

460708037
Getty Images/Cultura RF

A toaster oven sparked a fire in a New Jersey hospital on Sunday that prompted the transfer of some patients, authorities said. 

No patients or staff were injured in the blaze at Bayshore Community Hospital, the Asbury Park Press reported

The fire started in a toaster oven inside the break room of the intensive care unit, spokeswoman April Dunic said.

Dunic said damage from the fire was "very limited" but water from sprinkler system damaged some parts of the hospital.

As a result, she said, several patients were relocated to different parts of the hospital and six patients were transferred to Riverview Medical Center.

She said the hospital expects to resume normal operations soon.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us