What to Know
- Columbia, Cornell University and Hamilton College are the top three schools in the state of New York in 2020, according to a new study
- WalletHub said it studied key data on what makes a good school such as admission rate, cost, diversity and admission rate for the rankings
- Columbia ranked 12th when compared to the rest of colleges in the U.S.
As college applications are looming over high school students, WalletHub released its 2020 list of best colleges in New York.
The finance website studied key data on what makes a good school such as admission rate, cost, diversity and admission rate for the rankings and listed Columbia University on top.
The private Ivy League school is first in admission rate, student-faculty ratio, graduation rate and post-attendance median salary, according to the study. It ranked 12th when compared to the rest of colleges in the U.S.
Second on the list of best schools in New York is Cornell University, another elite institution. It came second in admission rate, graduation rate and third in post-attendance median salary.
The rest of the list may be slightly more affordable options.
Check them out below:
- Hamilton College
- New York University
- University of Rochester
- Barnard College
- Vassar College
- Binghamton University-SUNY
- Colgate University
- Stony Brook University-SUNY