A broken track switch is affecting subway service on the A, B, C and D lines through the evening rush, the MTA says.
The broken switch at 135th Street and St. Nicholas Avenue on the southbound express track is forcing all southbound service to run local between 168th Street and 125th Street.
The MTA has listed the following service changes:
• Southbound A trains are running local from 168 St to 125 St.
• Southbound D trains are running local from 145 St to 125 St.
• Northbound B trains are running on the R from DeKalb Av to Whitehall St-South Ferry where they turn back to Brooklyn.
• Northbound D trains are running local from 145 St to Norwood-205 St.
B customers going to Brooklyn have the following options:
• Take the D to Atlantic-Pacific to transfer to the BQ.
• Take the F to Jay St-MetroTech and transfer to the B, which will be stopping there.
B customers going to Central Park West local stations should take the D to 59 St and transfer to the C.
B customers going to the Bronx should take the D, which will make all local stops in the Bronx.
B riders in the Bronx should take the D and Central Park West B local customers should take the C.
B customers in Brooklyn going to 6th Av destinations have the following options:
• Take the B or Q to Atlantic Av-Pacific St and transfer to the northbound D.
• Take the B to Jay St-MetroTech and transfer to the northbound F.
• Take the Q to 34 St and transfer to the DF or M.
In addition, Rockaway Park Special A service is suspended. Customers headed to the Rockaway Park branch should take the Far Rockaway A to Broad Channel and transfer to the S Shuttle.
The MTA says it will update changes at www.mta.info.