A key local official says hosting the Woodstock 50 anniversary festival on short notice "could pose a significant challenge."
A mass gathering permit application for the Vernon Downs harness track and casino in central New York was recently filed after operators of the original festival site pulled out last month.
Oneida County Executive Anthony Picente released a statement Tuesday noting the challenge of preparing for the health and safety of residents and concert goers with the event just over a month away.
The Woodstock festival has faced a series of setbacks, including the losses of a financial partner, a production company and original site, Watkins Glen International.
Vernon Downs has said they can host up to 65,000 people, far fewer than the 150,000 planned for Watkins Glen.