What to Know
- Ready-to-eat sushi, salads and other refrigerated products sold at Trader Joe’s stores, including in the tri-state area being recalled
- The recall is over Listeria concerns
- The recall impacts Trader Joe's stores in several states, including Connecticut, New Jersey and New York
Ready-to-eat sushi, salads and other refrigerated products sold at Trader Joe’s stores, including in the tri-state area, are being recalled because they may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The chain announced Tuesday that they were alerted by their supplier concerning the Fuji Food Products, Inc. recall and subsequently is alerting clients that products sold only in a number of states, including Connecticut, New Jersey and New York, may have been contaminated with Listeria.
Fuji Food Products, Inc. initially announced it was voluntarily recalling ready-to-eat sushi, salads and spring rolls last Wednesday, saying that the problem was discovered in their Brockton, Massachusetts, facility during a routine inspection conducted by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
After the problem was discovered, the company ceased production and distribution of their products in this facility as FDA and the company continue their investigation as to what caused this problem.
"As responsible processors of safe, fresh food for nearly 30 years, we are addressing this problem vigorously and we apologize to those who are affected by it,"" said Fuji Food Products CEO Farrell Hirsch in a statement. "We will restart operation only after we have eliminated the cause and the FDA certifies that our facility is once again free of possible contamination."
No illnesses have been reported to date, Trader Joe's said. All potentially affected product has been removed from store shelves.
The products being recalled are:
- Trader Joe’s California Rolls; SKU #34899
- Trader Joe’s California Rolls with Brown Rice & Avocado; SKU #90982
- Trader Joe’s Spicy California Rolls; SKU # 34896
- Trader Joe’s Tempura Shrimp Crunch Rolls; SKU #51328
- Trader Joe’s Tofu Spring Rolls; SKU #92151
- Trader Joe’s Smoked Salmon Philly Roll; SKU #60377
- Trader Joe’s Smoked Salmon Poke Bowl; SKU #60375
- Trader Joe’s Banh Mi Inspired Noodle Bowl; SKU #61471
- Trader Joe’s Queso Fundido Spicy Cheese Dip; SKU #64657
If you have purchased any of the specific Trader Joe’s products with the specified date codes, please do not eat it, the chain said. Instead, costumers are urged to discard the product or return it to any Trader Joe’s for a full refund.
Customers with any questions, you may call Trader Joe’s Customer Relations at (626) 599-3817.