Space Heater Likely Sparked New Jersey Fatal Blaze: Officials

Police are blaming a space heater for sparking a fire that killed two women and injured two others in an independent living facility in Fair Lawn.

The fire broke out early Tuesday.

Fire Chief Kirk Wolthouse says the dead women were found in their bedrooms on the second floor.

David Moore of the Alliance Against Homelessness of Bergen County tells The Record that the space heater had been removed from the property because it is prohibited. However, Moore says people are going to do what they want even after being told about fire dangers.

No names have been released.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us