What to Know
- There is nothing quite like ice skating in NYC and luckily there are a lot of options
- There is no shortage of holiday pop-up bars in NYC this year and they will definitely get you in the spirit
- If you are still looking for the perfect gifts, you better hit up the holiday markets
Monday, Dec. 10, 2018
Happy Monday! There will be plenty of sunshine today, but it will be still be on the cold side with a high of 40. As always, get the latest forecast at nbcnewyork.com/weather.
1. Get Your Skate on in NYC to Get Into Holiday Spirit
There is nothing quite like ice skating in NYC and luckily there are a lot of options.
Head to The Rink at Brookfield in Battery Park for some incredible views of the New York Harbor.
Or head to Bryant Park, which has the city's free admission rink.
2. No Shortage of Holiday Pop-Up Bars in NYC
There is no shortage of holiday pop-up bars in NYC this year and they will definitely get you in the spirit.
In the East Village, Miracle on 9th Street and Miracle on 12th Street are back with some wintry cocktails in collectible santa mugs.
And in Greenpoint, The Springs has turned into Donner and Blitzen's reindeer lounge for the holidays.
3. Head to NYC's Holiday Markets for Those Final Gifts
If you are still looking for the perfect gifts, you better hit up the holiday markets.
Head to Union Square for that hart-to-find gift. With more than 100 vendors, it's one of the city's biggest markets and they have a little of everything.
If you work up an appetite skating in Bryant Park, the holiday shops just a few shops off the ice are serving up bites from the city's best food vendors.
Or if you want to avoid the cold altogether, check out the Grand Central Holiday Fair, which is open until Christmas Eve.
For the latest entertainment news and things to do, tune in to New York Live, Monday through Friday at 11:30 a.m. on NBC 4 New York.