What to Know
- NBC New York and Telemundo 47 are teaming up with the NY Giants for the 7th annual free family-friendly Health & Fitness Expo
- One of the tri-state's largest and open-to-the-public health events, the Health & Fitness Expo will be held at MetLife Stadium June 22-23
- Hours each day will be 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; access a calendar invite here: https://www.facebook.com/events/381227602734928/
Click here to fill out your entry waiver ahead of time: https://expo2019.waiverfile.com
NBC 4 New York/WNBC and Telemundo 47 New York/WNJU are teaming up with the four-time Super Bowl champion New York Giants for the seventh annual FREE family-friendly Health & Fitness Expo, presented by Quest Diagnostics™.
One of the tri-state’s largest and open-to-the-public health events, the Health & Fitness Expo will be held at MetLife Stadium on Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. Click here for a calendar invite.
NBC 4 New York’s lead sportscaster Bruce Beck and Telemundo 47’s lead sportscaster Veronica Contreras will join New York Giants’ offensive tackle Nate Solder as co-hosts of the health and fitness-focused mega event. Beck, Contreras, Solder, NBC 4 New York and Telemundo 47 anchors and reporters, as well as current and retired Giants players, will all be on hand throughout the weekend to meet attendees and sign autographs.
“We have made this year’s Health & Fitness Expo bigger and better than ever before. With new free, family-friendly attractions, it is the only place in the tri-state area where viewers can learn more about health & fitness while touring the Giants locker room, meeting their favorite WNBC anchors and reporters, talking a selfie with a Hollywood star and riding a Zipline from one end zone to the other,” said Eric Lerner, president and general Manager of NBC 4 New York.
Among the additions to this year’s Expo:
• New Amsterdam’s Jocko Sims, the popular actor who plays Dr. Floyd Reynolds on NBC’s hit medical drama New Amsterdam will join the Expo’s opening ceremonies, scheduled for 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 22. He will then greet fans in the NBC Village for autographs and selfies.
• Top Chef contestant Chris Scott will demonstrate his culinary expertise at noon on Sunday, June 23 at the cooking stage.
• America’s Got Talent contestant Christian Guardino will sing the national anthem during the Expo’s opening ceremonies at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 22. He will later perform on the main stage and be available for autographs and selfies.
• The iconic Ellen “Cash Grab” booth has also been added to the NBC Village. Two lucky Expo visitors will be chosen for an all-expense paid trip to Los Angeles to watch the show live.
• The New York Red Bulls will lead a special soccer clinic for all fans, who are also invited to join a special Telemundo 47 World Cup Tailgate, featuring live viewing of 2019 Copa América, FIFA® Women’s World Cup France 2019TM.
“As the Spanish-language home for 2019 Copa América and FIFA® Women’s World Cup France 2019TM health and fitness are incredibly important to our viewers and the Spanish-speaking communities we serve across the Tri-State area. This is why we have designed an action-packed weekend of football, futbol and so many more fun activities for our Telemundo 47 viewers – all designed with their health in mind,” said Cristina Schwarz, president and general manager, Telemundo 47.
For the first time, visitors can participate in “Bruce Beck’s Giant Challenge presented by Quest Diagnostics,” where they can kick a field goal, catch a pass and other health-themed activities for a chance to win a prize. Quest Diagnostics will also offer attendees,18 years and older, complimentary health screenings throughout the weekend, including cholesterol, vitamin D, kidney function and blood sugar level tests. Results can be accessed through the MyQuest mobile health app.
• Touring the StormTeam 4 / La Autoridad en El Tiempo weather center, featuring live weather demonstrations with both station’s state-of-the-art weather vehicles: StormRanger 4 / CazaTormentas 47 and StormChaser 4 / BuscaTormentas 47.
• Joining healthy cooking demonstrations and meeting on-site health experts to discuss integrative approaches to disease prevention, healthy dieting and nutritional information.
• Participating in the mega-yoga activity, “Zen in the Zone,” presented by Hackensack Meridian Health where 1,000 yogis will practice yoga on the MetLife Stadium field.
• Competing in the FitnessAge Challenge, a program that reveals your “fitness age” and the UniversalKids Family Fun Zone, featuring healthy activities designed for children.
• Scaling a massive rock wall, taking flight on two zip lines and joining the “Giants Experience” presented by Verizon where fans can participate in football-themed activities on the MetLife Stadium field.
• Adopting a new pet through Clear the Shelters, NBC 4 New York and Telemundo 47’s popular, Tri-State pet adoption initiative. The Bergen County Animal Shelter and Long Island’s Little Shelter will be available for families to meet a homeless pet in need of a forever home.
In service to the tri-state community, NBC 4 New York and Telemundo 47 will offer a limited number of free booth space for local, Tri-State non-profits and community organizations. Interested parties can obtain an application by contacting John Durso, Jr., NBC 4 New York and Telemundo 47 Vice President of Community and Communications
FREE parking will be available for the two-day event. Bus service to/from the Port Authority Bus Terminal and Secaucus Junction will also be available for the event.
• COACH USA 351 bus service will run hourly on Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The buses will leave from New York’s Port Authority Bus terminal (Gates 410, 411 and 413) to MetLife Stadium Lot K.
• NJ TRANSIT 353 bus service will also run hourly on Saturday, June 22 and Sunday, June 23 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The buses will leave from Secaucus Junction to MetLife Stadium Lot K.
The NBC 4 New York & Telemundo 47 Health & Fitness Expo at MetLife Stadium is produced and managed by Network Events, an event development, marketing, sales and management firm specializing in the production of large-scale consumer events for media partners and professional sports teams. For more information on Network Events, Inc., please visit www.networkevents.tv. Additional updates on the NBC 4 New York & Telemundo 47 Health & Fitness Expo presented by Quest Diagnostics will be offered in the coming weeks. For more information, please visit www.nbcnewyork.com/expo.