Jennifer Millman

Second Fireworks Accident in 3 Days Costs Another New York Man Fingers

A Long Island man had to have several fingers amputated after fireworks exploded in his hands, authorities say. 

The 35-year-old Fort Salonga man sustained severe injuries to both hands after lighting fireworks at his home Tuesday afternoon, according to Newsday. The man was taken to Stony Brook University Hospital where he underwent surgery. 

No further information was available. 

The accident comes just days after a 39-year-old Uniondale man lost several fingers and sustained serious burns in a fireworks mishap in Uniondale. Police say that man was taken to a hospital in serious but stable condition.

Copyright AP - Associated Press
Contact Us