Carbon monoxide poisoning is suspected in the death of a Brooklyn woman who was found unconscious in her apartment.
Nilda Sing, 55, was pronounced dead by emergency responders at her Fort Hamilton Parkway apartment, police said Sunday. The medical examiner's office is expected to determine the cause of death, which occurred early Saturday morning, police said.
City firefighters evacuated 20 apartments in the building because of an odor of gas, officials said. They vented the building and allowed residents to return to their units after carbon monoxide dissipated, officials said.
The carbon monoxide was traced to a leak in a heating unit, officials said.