What to Know
- A mom and her two daughters were found unconscious in an NY home Tuesday in a suspected case of carbon monoxide poisoning, officials say
- The victims -- 14- and 16-year-old girls and their 54-year-old mom -- were taken to a hospital in serious condition
- The kids' father came home to find his family unconscious; he called 911 and authorities are investigating carbon monoxide as a cause
Two teenage girls and their mother were pulled unconscious from a Rockland County home Tuesday in a suspected case of carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities say.
The girls' father called 911 shortly before 11 a.m., saying he had just returned home and found his family -- along with his dogs -- blacked out. Cops responded to the home on Bolger Lane in Ramapo and found all of them unconscious.
The victims -- a 14-year-old girl, a 16-year-old girl and their 54-year-old mother were taken to Westchester County Medical Center in serious condition. The dogs were limp and had to be picked up and transfered to crates; they were taken to an animal hospital in unknown condition.
Photos from the scene showed a major emergency presence. The investigation is ongoing, but authorities confirm they're looking into carbon monoxide as a cause.