What to Know
- AMC has already rolled out reserved seating in 125 locations nationwide and feedback has been positive, the company says
- Moviegoers will choose their seats at the point of purchase, whether online or at the box office
- Manhattan is the first major market where AMC offers reserved seating at all its locations
Heading to a movie in Manhattan? Don't forget to reserve your seat.
Starting Friday, moviegoers at eight AMC Theatres in Manhattan will choose their seats at the time of purchase, whether online or at the box office, just as they would if going to a concert or sporting event, the company said.
AMC already offers reserved seating in 125 locations nationwide; the expansion to Manhattan marks the first major market where AMC offers reserved seating at all locations. The company says guest feedback about reserved seating at its locations elsewhere across the country has been positive.
The reserved seating program applies to the following locations:
- AMC 84th St. 6
- AMC Village 7
- AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13
- AMC Empire 25
- AMC Loews 34th Street 14
- AMC Loews 19th St. East 6
- AMC Loews Orpheum 7
- AMC Magic Johnson Harlem 9
AMC Kips Bay 15, which is currently undergoing a full renovation, will add reserved seating once the renovation is complete later this fall.
Moviegoers know that showing up late can relegate them to undesirable seats, and the reserved seating program only makes that more likely. The best option? Buy your tickets in advance online or get to the box office early.