Man Stabs Ex-Wife to Death in Midtown Beauty Salon: Cops - NBC New York

Man Stabs Ex-Wife to Death in Midtown Beauty Salon: Cops

Suspect has history of violent tendencies.



    How to Choose Your Organization for Giving Tuesday
    On Thursday March 10, 2011 at approximately 1531 hours inside of 161 West 35 Street (D'Galinas Center Salon), within the confines of the Midtown South Precinct, police responded to a 911 call of a female stabbed. pronounced DOA. Victim: Kenny, Denise F/H/41 194 Beach 109th Street Rockaway Park, Queens Suspect: Kenny, Michael M/W/42 Queens

    Police are looking for a man wanted on suspicion of stabbing his ex-wife to death inside a Midtown Manhattan beauty shop Thursday afternoon.

    The violent incident happened around 3:30 p.m. at D'Galina's Unisex Salon at 161 W. 35th St.

    Police are looking for Michael Kenny, of Queens, in connection with the death of his wife, Denise Kenny, who worked at the salon. Co-workers of the victim told the Daily Newsthey heard chilling screams from the mother of two as she was stabbed over and over again in the bathroom.

    Law enforcement officials confirm that there was a history of domestic violence in the victim's home and she had an active order of protection against her ex-husband.

    Kenny had been arrested several times for assault, police said. He was on parole after serving time for armed robberies and he was arrested nearly two decades ago for attempting to kill his first wife.

    Authorities told the News Kenny sent his wife threatening text and voicemail messages prior to the deadly assault.

    "Just remember what I tell you: If you ever leave me, the things I can do to you," one voicemail reportedly said.

    D'Galina's Salon owner Leo Pinkhasov told the News the fatal confrontation happened a mere 48 hours after Denise Kenny told her ex-husband to leave her alone.

    "He had crazy eyes," Pinkhasov told the paper.

    The stabbing reportedly happened after Michael Kenny returned to the salon to apologize to Denise after an earlier argument. Shortly after Denise brought him upstairs to talk, co-workers heard screams, according to the News.

    Pinkhasov was the one who found Denise Kenny, slumped over on the toilet in a pool of blood.

    "When I got inside, I saw the knife on the floor ... I said, 'Denise! Denise!' She fell down. Then I saw all the blood," he told the News.

    Denise Kenny was taken to Bellevue Hospital in critical condition. She was later pronounced dead.