What to Know
Five students had to go to a hospital Monday after ingesting what authorities say appear to be cookies laced with marijuana
The kids are all expected to be fine and were only taken to the hospital as a precaution
A 15-year-old girl has been arrested on five counts of risk of injury to a minor
A 15-year-old girl has been arrested after five students from a Connecticut public high school ate pot cookies and had to go to a hospital Monday, officials say.
The five Hamden High students appeared to be under the influence of drugs and were sent to the school nurse, according to police.
Then they were brought to Yale-New Haven Hospital as a precaution, according to school officials. They're all expected to be fine.
Investigators said they learned a 15-year-old girl had brought the cookies to school and the students ate them before becoming ill.
The teen has been charged with five counts of risk of injury to a minor and is expected to appear in juvenile court in New Haven.
The investigation is ongoing.