Small Fire Erupts in Robert De Niro's Apartment: Official - NBC New York

Small Fire Erupts in Robert De Niro's Apartment: Official

The actor wasn't home at the time, authorities said



    Meet Four Inspiring Kids Tackling Cancer
    A fire broke out Friday afternoon at 88 Central Park West

    A small fire broke out Friday in Robert De Niro's Manhattan apartment, officials tell NBC 4 New York.

    The actor was not home at the time. Several people in the apartment, believed to be employees, escaped safely, officials said. A firefighter suffered a minor injury.

    The blaze began on the fourth floor of the Brentmore at 88 Central Park West. De Niro's apartment encompasses the fourth, fifth and sixth floors, fire officials said.

    The fire was believed to have started in a lint trap, officials said.

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anytime, anywhere. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Google+. Get our apps here and sign up for email newsletters here. Get breaking news delivered right to your phone -- just text NYBREAKING to 639710. For more info, text HELP. To end, text STOP. Message and data rates may apply.