Police are looking for the eight attackers they say brutalized a man near Columbia University, shooting at him before beating him until he was critically injured.
- NYC Woman Accused of Holding 2 South Korean Kids as Slaves
Police say the suspects ganged up on the 34-year-old man near West 116th Street between Manhattan and Morningside avenues on Christmas, authorities say.
- NJ Restaurant Workers Mistakenly Think They Hit Powerball
One of the suspects shot at the victim multiple times, hitting him in the right leg, according to police.
- Upstate Village Votes to Keep Logo Criticized as Racist
The suspects then allegedly hit the victim in the face, head and body before taking off.
Emergency responders took the victim to an area hospital, where he was last listed in critical but stable condition.
- Nurse Accidentally Snips off Baby's Toe While Removing IV
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.
- Fugitive Unhappy With Photo Released by Police Sends Selfie
Top News Photos: New Tents Hold Separated Immigrant Children Children and workers are seen at a tent encampment recently built near the Tornillo port of entry on June 19, 2018, in Tornillo, Texas. The Trump administration is using the Tornillo tent facility to house immigrant children separated from their parents after they were caught entering the U.S. under the administration's zero tolerance policy. Joe Raedle/Getty Images