11th Suspect, Man With Hair in Bun Seen Fleeing Scene, Wanted in Machete Killing of 15-Year-Old NYC Boy - NBC New York

Chief Investigative Reporter Jonathan Dienst on crime, corruption and terrorism.

11th Suspect, Man With Hair in Bun Seen Fleeing Scene, Wanted in Machete Killing of 15-Year-Old NYC Boy

The teenager, known as Junior, was stabbed in the neck with a machete in front of a Bronx bodega last month

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Two More Suspects Arrested in Machete Killing of Bronx Boy

    Two more suspects have been arrested in connection with the machete killing of 15-year-old Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz. Michael George reports. (Published Tuesday, July 3, 2018)

    What to Know

    • Ten people have been arrested in the killing of Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz and authorities are looking for an 11th suspect

    • The teenager, known as Junior, was stabbed in the neck with a machete in front of a Bronx bodega in late June

    • The case has drawn national attention for its caught-on-camera brutality

    Authorities say they're looking for an 11th suspect in connection with last month's machete killing of 15-year-old Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz, a case that has drawn national attention for its caught-on-camera brutality.

    The suspect is described as being about 20 to 23 years old with his hair in a bun; he was last seen wearing a shirt, jeans and multi-colored sneakers fleeing the scene of the machete kill in a white four-door sedan that had rear passenger side door damage. Anyone who recognizes the man is asked to call police. 

    The development Wednesday evening came a day after ninth and 10th suspects, including a high-ranking member of a New York City street gang, were arrested in the ongoing investigation into the boy's death outside a bodega in the Bronx June 20. Police have said the alleged killers appear to have targeted the teenager by mistake. 

    The alleged Trinitarios gangster, identified as 29-year-old Diego Suero, and a 26-year-old man, Gabriel Ramirez Concepcion, were arrested on charges of murder, manslaughter, gang assault, conspiracy and criminal possession of a weapon, police said. 

    Hearing of the new arrests earlier this week, the boy's father, Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, told News 4, "That's good news. I want everyone caught. I want justice for Junior." 

    Guzman-Feliz was dragged outside the bodega and set upon by a gang of men who hacked at him as he struggled to defend himself. The boy was slashed in the neck and died after running to a hospital three blocks away. 

    The owner of a bodega said that he had tried to protect Guzman-Feliz, who attempted to hide behind the counter. He said he called 911 after the gang members dragged him out of the store and stabbed him.

    The bodega has not reopened since Guzman-Feliz's killing; the sidewalk outside the store has become such a sprawling memorial for the teen that his family visits to maintain all the flowers, balloons, candles and messages that have been left there in Junior's honor. 

    "I stay here because I want to clean everything nice, put everything clean, but I want justice for him," said his father. "We don't stop. Everybody pray for that." 

    "They don't stop. They have more. For the Trinitario, they got more. Everybody has to pay for my son." 

    Trinitarios Gangster Cuffed in Killing of Boy

    [NY] Trinitarios Gangster Cuffed in Killing of Boy

    A high-ranking member of a New York City street gang has been taken into custody in connection with the machete killing of 15-year-old Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz last month, a law enforcement source tells News 4.

    (Published Tuesday, July 3, 2018)

    Guzman-Feliz had been part of the NYPD's Explorers program, a group for youths interested in a law enforcement career. The New York City Police Foundation announced last week it planned to set up a scholarship in his name.

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytime