Gov. Andrew Cuomo has continued a recent media blitz with an appearance on David Letterman's "Late Show,'' delivering a Top 10 list of ways "New York State is Better than Ever.''
Tuesday night's list included items such as "we're up to three Starbucks per capita'' and "You know the Finger Lakes? We're adding a thumb.''
Other items poked fun at some of the state's unusually named towns, including "Otsego and Oswego finally figured out which town was which'' and "Still the only state in America with a Coxsackie''
Cuomo's visit to Letterman's show coincides with the release of a 500-page memoir and high-profile interviews on CBS News and in major national publications.
The 56-year-old Democrat is running for re-election next month and is widely believed to have national ambitions.
Here is the full list:
“Ways New York State Is Better Than Ever”
10. We’re up to three Starbucks per capita.
9. Otsego and Oswego – finally figured out which town was which.
8. Celebrity sightings have increased since loosening definition of “celebrity.”
7. Yankee Stadium now available for your October event. (Letterman responded: "Ouch. Ouch. Governor, please!)
6. With gay marriage working out so well, we’re going to let straight people get married, too.
5. We finally got Letterman to retire. (Crowd booed. "I'm sitting right here," Letterman said. "Thanks a lot governor.")
4. You know the Finger Lakes? We’re adding a thumb.
3. I can’t remember the last time a weirdo flashed me on the subway.
2. Still the only state in America with a Coxsackie.
1. Niagara Falls is now “all you can drink.”