A Connecticut man has been arrested after Arizona authorities say they discovered 1,400 pounds of marijuana hidden in a semitrailer he was driving.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety says 49-year-old Thomas Belliveau was taken into custody Friday on suspicion of transporting $2.1 million worth of marijuana for sale on a run from Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., to Westborough, Mass.
The DPS says the big rig was stopped near New River for an equipment violation and an officer discovered the marijuana among the legitimate shipment of frozen food.
Belliveau's hometown in Connecticut was not immediately disclosed.
The truck is owned by M & G Enterprises of East Hartford, Conn., where a manager who answered the phone said he did not know about the arrest or seizure of the marijuana.
Also on NBCNewYork.com:
- Celebrities Who Dare to Bare it All
- Oscar Fashion Faux Pas of the Past
- Sex, Sex and More Sex in 2008
- Best Oscar Moments Ever
- Top Secret Oscar Presenters
- Celebrities in the Surf
- Sexiest Stars: Past & Present
- Robbed! Oscar Ripoffs and Hard Luck Stories
- Runway Roundup: The Latest Looks From the Catwalks