A childcare provider who took NyQuil and was asleep when a baby in her care drowned in a bucket of water has been sentenced to up to three years in prison.
Khan was convicted last month of reckless assault of a child by a daycare provider and endangering the welfare of a child.
Trial testimony showed she took the medication at about 6 a.m. on June 15, 2009, and later that morning, fell asleep on the sofa as 11-month-old James Farrior was left unattended.
She was later awakened by her own four-year-old child and discovered the baby unresponsive in the bucket, which contained six inches of water.
Khan's attorney, Eugene Guarino, said his client has been devastated by the accident. He said the judge listened to both sides sentenced according to what he thought was appropriate.