12th Suspect in Bronx Boy's Machete Killing Pulled Over on Connecticut Highway: Police - NBC New York

Chief Investigative Reporter Jonathan Dienst on crime, corruption and terrorism.

12th Suspect in Bronx Boy's Machete Killing Pulled Over on Connecticut Highway: Police

The teenager, known as Junior, was stabbed in the neck with a machete in front of a Bronx bodega last month

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    12th Suspect Arrested in Bronx Boy's Machete Killing: Cops

    A 12th suspect in the Bronx machete killing of Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz has been captured in Connecticut, officials say. (Published Tuesday, July 10, 2018)

    What to Know

    • Twelve people have now been arrested in the machete killing of 15-year-old Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz

    • The teenager, known as Junior, was stabbed in the neck with a machete in front of a Bronx bodega in late June

    • The case has drawn national attention for its caught-on-camera brutality

    A 12th suspect in the Bronx machete killing of Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz has been captured in Connecticut, after state troopers there pulled him over on Interstate 84, authorities say.

    Connecticut State Police said troopers pulled over 25-year-old Luis A. Cabrarasantos of the Bronx on I-84 in Southbury Monday afternoon after a license plate reader signaled that he was wanted in New York in the killing of 15-year-old Guzman-Feliz.

    Cabrarasantos was arrested on a warrant of murder and other felonies, and taken to New Haven Correction Center. He's being held there on $1 million bond until he appears in Waterbury Superior Court, then is expected to be transferred to NYPD and extradited back to New York, Connecticut State Police said. 

    Guzman-Feliz was dragged outside a Bronx bodega and set upon by a gang of men who hacked at him as he struggled to defend himself. The boy was slashed in the neck and died after running to a hospital three blocks away.

    Two More Suspects Arrested in Machete Killing of Bronx Boy

    [NY] Two More Suspects Arrested in Machete Killing of Bronx Boy

    Two more suspects have been arrested in connection with the machete killing of 15-year-old Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz. Michael George reports.

    (Published Tuesday, July 3, 2018)

    The owner of a bodega said that he had tried to protect Guzman-Feliz, who attempted to hide behind the counter. He said he called 911 after the gang members dragged him out of the store and stabbed him.

    Guzman-Feliz had been part of the NYPD's Explorers program, a group for youths interested in a law enforcement career. The New York City Police Foundation announced it planned to set up a scholarship in his name.

    Get the latest from NBC 4 New York anywhere, anytime