Heading to a friend or family member's for Thanksgiving and don't know what to bring? Made Nice has come to the rescue.
The NoMad eatery has created a Brussels sprout, bacon, wheat berry and chili side that is easy enough to make at home.
Check out the video above to see how it's made, and follow the instructions below to give it a try for yourself.
- 3 pounds of Brussels sprouts
- 1 pound of cooked wheat berry
- 1 pound of bacon, diced
- 2 tablespoons of bacon fat (from cooking)
- 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons of Korean chili paste
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with oil and salt.
- Roast the Brussels sprouts on a parchment-lined basking sheet for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Over low heat, slowly cook the bacon in a pan until golden brown.
- Once browned, strain the bacon and reserve the fat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lime juice and zest, chili paste, garlic, ginger and bacon fat. Whisk well.
- Toss the cooked Brussels sprouts, wheat berries and chopped parsley into the chili mixture.
- When ready to serve, top the dish with the cooked bacon.
- Serve warm.