Three more local deaths have been attributed to the swine flu outbreak, officials said.
The city health department announced the deaths on Wednesday, bringing the city's total to 12.
City health officials said one victim was 30 to 39 years old, another was 50 to 59 and another was over 65. They wouldn't identify the victims further or say when they died.
Many thousands of New Yorkers are believed to have had swine flu. City health officials said most suffered only mild symptoms.
The outbreak caused great concern around town after a student group returned home from a trip to Mexico in April. Many schools closed for days at a time.
More than 800 cases in the city have been confirmed so far.