More than a dozen New York City vaccine hubs that closed temporarily earlier this week because of lacking supply will reopen Thursday, following the latest arrival of shipments from Pfizer and Moderna on Wednesday, officials confirmed.
After whittling the remaining first dose supply to fewer than 7,710 shots Tuesday, the new shipments brought the total number of first doses now on hand to nearly 83,000 -- and the number of second doses up to about 284,000.
The Biden administration has pledged to boost states' supply by about 16 percent each of the next three weeks as the federal rollout ramps up under new governance. Mayor Bill de Blasio said Wednesday the city's Moderna allocation for next week was also expected to increase by 17 percent. Between the two, Gov. Andrew Cuomo hopes to be able to soon extend New York's vaccination operation beyond the week-to-week scheduling scenario to which it has been confined.
He, along with city officials, hope that previously shelved 24/7 vaccine mega-center openings at Citi Field, Yankee Stadium and the Empire Outlets will come to fruition sooner rather than later. The former had been scheduled to open Monday.
Here is a list of the 15 New York City vaccine hubs that were closed Monday that will now reopen following this week's restock (scroll down for a detailed map of tri-state providers):
- Abraham Lincoln High School 2800 Ocean Parkway, Brooklyn
- Bushwick Educational Campus 400 Irving Avenue, Brooklyn
- Canarsie High School 1600 Rockaway Parkway, Brooklyn
- George Westinghouse Vocational HS 105 Johnson Street, Brooklyn
- Marta Valle Secondary School 145 Stanton Street, Manhattan
- Wadleigh Campus/I.S. 88 215 West 114 Street, Manhattan
- August Martin High School 156-10 Baisley Boulevard, Queens
- Beach Channel Educational Campus 100-00 Beach Channel Drive, Queens
- Hillcrest High School 160-05 Highland Avenue, Queens
- Aviation High School 45-30 36th Street, Queens
- Port Richmond H.S. 85 St Joseph's Avenue, Staten Island
- Staten Island Technical High School 485 Clawson Street, Staten Island
- Walton Educational School 2780 Reservoir Avenue, Bronx
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School 1980 Lafayette Avenue, Bronx
- South Bronx Educational Campus 701 Saint Ann's Avenue, Bronx
Tracking Coronavirus in Tri-State
New York City and New Jersey Vaccine Providers
Click on each provider to find more information on scheduling appointments for the COVID-19 Vaccine.
Data: City of New York, State of New Jersey • Nina Lin / NBC