News that rival professional football teams the San Diego Chargers and the Oakland Raiders are joining forces on a proposal that could have them share a Southern California stadium surprised many when it broke late Thursday.
By Friday, some players and officials had taken to Twitter to share their thoughts on the plan to build a $1.7 billion stadium in Carson, California, if the teams' efforts to construct their own new venues in their respective hometowns fall through.
Here's a look at some of the reaction seen so far:
Shareece Wright, starting cornerback for the Chargers tweeted:
Kevin Faulconer, mayor of San Diego had a four part message to share:
Shawne Merriman, former Chargers linebacker said:
Corey Liuget, the defensive end of the Chargers said: