Check out our daily list of must-read articles that will have you chatting at the lunch counter, over instant message or wherever people actually talk these days.
- India is creating a new soft drink made from cow urine. The new beverage hopes to compete with cola companies and is part of a movement to promote Hindu culture. Bovine urine and excrement is often consumed during rituals to "purify" those on the lower rungs of the Hindu caste system. Moo.
- Nothing says "I love you" more than watching two animals go at it. The Valentine's Day animal porn special at a Michigan zoo is billed as "Zoorotica" and affords visitors the chance to watch as animals -- from lizards to leopards -- mate. Sorry, it's already sold out. But there is a wait list!
- When the owner of the bong allegedly used by Michael Phelps tried to hawk the item on eBay for $100,000 he got arrested for auctioning off paraphernalia with residue in it. Oops. EBay prohibits the auction of drug paraphernalia but what else can you get busted for auctioning off on the site? Apparently the curators of the interweb auction house frown upon selling virginity, political seats, mummified cadavers or children.
- Cessna is trying to lure back its corporate customers today with a print ad in the Wall Street Journal that encourages execs to hop back on the private jet bandwagon with a slogan that includes the phrase "pity the executive who blinks." The private aircraft business is hurting and trying to re-brand the planes as "productivity tools."
- All it takes to keep Jaws at bay is a battery-powered device. A 2,000-pound shark can be easily deterred from clamping down on human flesh if it encounters the electronic pulses that are emitted from battery-powered device known as "shark repellent" and overwhelms their receptors.