Read this and you'll look smart. You don't have to be intelligent to impress people -- you just have to fake it. Here's a daily list of fascinating articles that will wow your friends, surprise your co-workers and make you seem sharp at a cocktail party or over the lunch counter....
- Scientists now believe that Earth was not hellishly hot during its first 700 million years but instead was placid with land and young oceans.
- The car horn hasn't been linked to a decrease in accident involvement. Still, there are bizarre horn-honking trends: People honk their car horn more when it's hot out, when they're in the city and if they're male. So, what gives?
- On this day in 1942 the first-man made sustained nuclear chain reaction was created. On the same day 15 years later, the first full-scale nuclear power plant went online
- Does the new genetic test that claims it can reveal a child's predispositions in athletics really work?
- If you missed the astral event last night, fear not. You'll still be able to see a dimmer version of the triangle formed by Jupiter, Venus and a crescent moon tonight.
- If product packaging appears a bit drab it could be an attempt at color reduction -- which could save the package-good industry billions.