Read this and you'll look smart. You don't have to be intelligent to impress people -- you just have to fake it. Here's a daily list of fascinating articles that will wow your friends, surprise your co-workers and make you seem sharp at a cocktail party or over the lunch counter....
- The financial crisis in Dubai is viewed as a boon to many Emirati natives who feel that tourism and development projects halted by the economic downturn will give locals an opportunity for a cultural renaissance where they can reassert their lifestyle.
- Flashing headlights to oncoming drivers to alert them of a speed trap could become a thing of the past. A new dashboard gadget allows drivers to tip off others on the road to speed traps within three seconds.
- Michelle Obama is an Ivy League-educated lawyer and an accomplished professional -- so why does the media insist on focusing only on her mothering skills and fashion sense?
- Could the Drudge Report be over? Highly unlikely. The press lauded the merits of the site in this summer and by fall were slamming it -- but the site has had this kind of love-hate relationship with the media in the past.
- A Classmates.com user is suing the company for misleading him to think that his former classmates were looking for him.
- Could you make materials everything-proof? Researchers have come up with a surface that would not only repel water but also oil-based liquids and alcohols.