1) Flatiron: Almond, a new location of the Bridgehampton original going into the former Borough Food & Drink space reportedly opened Tuesday according to the NYTimes. They write: “On Tuesday, Eric Lemonides and Jason Weine...opened a 170-seat Manhattan branch of their French bistro in Bridgehampton, N.Y. The menu includes duck confit with creamy lentils, skate in a lemon-parsley crust and gratin of cardoons with marrow."Status: Certified Open. 12 E. 22nd Street; 212-228-7557. [NYT]
2) Upper West Side: Update: It was reported over a month ago that the Bao/Huynh team would soon open BarBao in the old Rain space. Looks like they’re finally getting around to that. From the NYTimes: “A sweeping bar in the lounge and another, for food, in the dining room, banquettes upholstered in pale rose, dressy mirrors in gilded frames and contemporary Vietnamese art define the makeover of Rain.” Status: Certified Open. 100 W. 82nd Street; 212-501-0776. [NYT]
3) Midtown: TONY has it that Danish fast-food joint Danku opened its first U.S. location this week. They write: “The first U.S. location (and second worldwide) of this Holland-based, eco-conscious fast-food joint opens in midtown. The menu spans two continents with Dutch croquettes (flavors include mac and cheese) and Indonesian bites like basmati fried rice.” Status: Not Open. According to a staffer, opening date is still "uncertain." 47 W. 57th Street; 212-888-3777. [TONY]
4) East Village: TONY also reports on the opening of the curiously-named Dirt Candy. They write: “Amanda Cohen, the chef from vegetarian temple Pure Food and Wine, continues to celebrate the “candy” of the earth, with dishes like spinach soup with lemon confit and smoked tofu dumplings.” Status: Unknown. Phone number goes to info-less voicemail message. 430 E. 9th Street; 212-228-7732. [TONY]
5) Midtown: TONY writes that Nino Selimaj has opened yet another eatery called Nino’s 208 but gives scarce details: “Nino Selimaj (Nino’s Tuscany, Osso Bucco) opens a seventh Italian eatery, this time with chef Merlin Tlapa (Centolire) at the helm. Status: Certified Open. 208 E. 58th Street; 212-750-7766. [TONY]For more stories from Eater, go to eater.com.